Our Annual General Meeting is coming up. We are looking to see you there for this opportunity to celebrate what we have accomplished this year. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Our meeting will begin on Thursday, June 20 at 10.00 AM in the Community Room at the Sydenham Library.
2. Our first treat will be two presentations by students from Loughborough Public School on John Babcock, our celebrated WW1 veteran, and another presentation on South Frontenac Township. These heritage projects were school assignments which were chosen to go to the Kingston and Area Heritage Fair at Queen's University this spring. They are amazing.
3. Our meeting will conclude at noon with a light lunch.
4. Wayne Orr, the South Frontenac CAO, is retiring this July. He has been a huge supporter of our Museum and the Society and we will make a thank you presentation to him at this time.
5. It is Membership Renewal time. Ann McDougall will be there to accept your $10.00 fee. After the planned constitutional amendments, the membership year is changing to the calendar year and this fee will cover the period from this June to December 31, 2019. In January 2020, the fee rises to $20.00 for the full 2020 calendar year.
6. At our January meeting, we passed a budget which included a fundraising goal of $3,000, as well as approval to spend $1,000 to purchase blinds for the south windows of the Museum. The design for the blinds has been completed and an estimate has been received.
We are hoping that all members will help kick off the 2019 fundraising by contributing to this project, so please bring a cheque to this meeting made out to the Portland District and Area Heritage Society.
7. The full agenda for the AGM will be sent out by separate email.
See you on Thursday!